June 5, 2011

Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs

I ran across this one at The Sisters Cafe and I loved it. I haven't done a lot with kabobs, but this was delicious.  The kids didn't really go for the peppers, but John loved them and I couldn't get enough of the grilled pineapple. It was beyond heavenly.


1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1-1/2 inch)
1 each: red and green pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup barbecue sauce 
3 Tb. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

Heat grill to medium-high heat.  Thread chicken alternately with pineapple and peppers onto skewers to make 4 kabobs.  (I used 1.5lbs of chicken and extra pineapple, which made 7 big kabobs).  Mix barbecue sauce and juice concentrate, brush some of the sauce mixture onto kabobs.  Grill 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce mixture.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin