February 9, 2011

Hot Chocolate mix

Have you noticed a pattern?  I am a really big fan of hot chocolate. And when I needed a quick fix, Stephens was always my go to. My mom supplied my habit for a few years, but a while back I realized I was out and when I was at the grocery store, decided to pick some up.  I didn't realize until right then that a thing of Stephen's costs like $5!  Way to much for a little thing of hot chocolate mix!  Which is why I was thrilled when I came across this recipe for homemade hot chocolate.  Gathering up all the ingredients to put it together does cost more than $5, but ounce for ounce, this one is way cheaper and even better!

10 cups dry milk powder
4 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups powdered non-dairy creamer


Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store in a jar or airtight container. Yields 15 cups. To make the cocoa, stir 3 heaping Tablespoons into 3/4 c. hot water or milk. I always advise topping it off with whipped cream as well, but that's just me (and my sweet tooth).  To mix things up a bit, you can throw in some flavored creamer. I have tried French Vanilla, which was really yummy and have a Belgian chocolate creamer just waiting to be used!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin