January 29, 2011

Egg Drop Soup

I am a big fan of egg drop soup.  Partly because that is how my mom used to make Ramen Noodles for us.  She would boil the water, drop in an egg and then add the noodles. It was sooo good. I still eat it like that.  When I came across this recipe for Egg Drop Soup at Jamie Cooks it up, I had to try it. 


Couple of things.  First, I halved it when I made it.  It worked out great, but I did reduce the amount of olive oil and next time I am definitely adding more eggs. Like I said, I halved it, but still added 3 eggs and it just didn't do it for me. So, next time, more eggs. You could probably add more or different veggies as you prefer,but the carrots and peas were great. 


12 C water
11 bullion cubes
1/2 C chopped carrots
1/2 C frozen peas
2 T soy sauce
1/2 T rice vinegar
pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 t sesame oil
2-4 T olive oil 
4 beaten eggs
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped.


1. Place all ingredients but the eggs, green onions, and the peas in a large pot.
2. Bring to a hard rolling boil. Let it just a keep on boiling until your carrots are tender.
3. Add your peas let it boil until they are heated through. This shouldn't take long, only 2 minutes or so.
4. Add your eggs while the soup is still at the hard rolling boil. They should cook up pretty fast for you. 
4. Remove from the heat when the eggs are cooked and add your green onions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin