October 1, 2012

Crockpot Pesto Chicken

I'm posting this mostly for my benefit. I took a normal recipe and made it into a crock pot recipe, and I need to write down the method so I can make it work again.

You can use Lawry's Garlic and Herb Marinade or make your own, which is what I opted for.

Marinade (from Allrecipes)

  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried Italian-style seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Mix everything together and add to your favorite meat. 

Pour marinade, 1/2 cup pesto on chicken.  At this point you can throw it into a ziploc bag and put it into the freezer until you want to cook it, or you throw it in the crock pot or on the grill.  Whatever is easiest.  Cook 8 hrs on low or 4 hours on high.  Serve over pasta.  

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin