February 12, 2011

Cranberry Aioli Sauce

A while back, John and I ate dinner at a Restaurant in Salt Lake called the Citris Grill. It was delicious. I ordered a Ham and Havarti panini with Cranberry Aioli sauce. I had never experienced the joy that is aioli before, and I was in heaven.  I couldn't get over how wonderful it was on my sandwich. So, naturally, I had to go find a recipe. I found a similar one on the Food Network website but had to tweak it a little bit to make it just right. I actually tried it with raspberries over the summer, and that was okay, but it is better with Cranberries. The kick they give is what makes it awesome. 



  • 4 egg yolks
  • 8 ounces vegetable oil
  • 2 ounces white vinegar
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
  • Salt and pepper

  • Place egg yolks in a blender on low speed and slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil. Blend until smooth and mixture becomes thick and airy. Add the white vinegar and blend. Add the cranberries and blend until berries incorporate into the mixture. Finish by adding salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin