April 7, 2010

Laundry soap

I have recently decided to try something new.  I'm trying to be a little bit more self reliant.  I have been collecting recipes for the last few months and I thought I would share them with you.  I haven't tried all of them, but the ones that I have, I will let you know how they go.

This is a recipe for homemade laundry detergent.  The nice thing about this one is that you can easily keep the ingredients in your food storage and then just make up a batch whenever you need it.   It is a pretty simple recipe. I made up 3 batches in about 30 minutes.  One tip: use a food processor. Not a blender. Because you blender might just overheat and then you will think that it's broken and take it to have it fixed, when all you really needed to do was push the reset button.  Not that that actually happened or anything. . .

1 cup baking soda
1 cup washing soda
1 cup borax powder
1/3 bar of zote soap



In a large bowl grate 1/3 bar zote soap with a cheese grater. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir it all together. Put the mixture into a food processor to grind the zote soap and mix it all together. Put it in a storage container and you are done!
Add one Tablespoon of laundry soap to the wash!



You can find the zote soap and the washing soda at Reams.  


This recipe is from Jomade

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin