March 23, 2010

Chinese Lettuce Wraps

I can't believe I forgot to post this. We had this for Eden's Chinese birthday dinner, and I loved them. The girls, not so much.  Oh, well, more for me!  I made this with leftover chicken, rather than cooking some up for this specifically.  Which made it super easy. Since then, I have made a habit of making this for myself for lunch whenever I have leftover chicken.  It is really that easy. 


Chinese Lettuce Wraps


2 chicken breasts, diced
Cook in a skillet with a little bit of oil.

When the chicken is done, add the following:
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
2-3 Tbsp. soy sauce

1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 chopped, unsalted cashews
cilantro to taste

Cook and stir. When it is warm, serve with peanut sauce in lettuce.  It is much better warm, so serve it fast.  

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin