February 23, 2010

Crunchy Tuna Turnovers



I tried these out last weekend to try and use up our Tuna supply. (We have a lot.)  We don't have a lot of tuna lovers in the family, however.  But these were really good.  Even John liked them.   Which is really saying something. I added the green onions to the recipe, and I left out the olives. I think next time I will add just a little bit more lemon pepper, because that gave a really nice flavor, but there wasn't quite enough of it. I also left off the potato chips.  That part just didn't appeal to me.  Let me know if you try these with the potato chips, and whether it's good or not!




ingredients

  • 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
  • 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
  • 1/4 c. chopped green onion
  • 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 1/4 cups crushed potato chips

Directions

  1. In a small bowl, combine tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, olives and lemon-pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of tuna mixture onto one side of each circle. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
  2. Place egg and potato chips in separate shallow bowls. Dip turnovers in egg, then coat with chips. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Make a 2-1/2-in. slit in top of each turnover. Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown

*pic from here

1 comment:

SpencernAmy said...

I specifically went to the store to get the green onions to add to the recipe and then I totally forgot to put them in! But we did try the chips (Spencer is out of town and I thought the girls would have fun helping me make this recipe). They loved it! And I liked it, too. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin